Fabricated Metals has been a leader in manufacturing control houses and cases for the railroad industry for years and was founded on our ability to work closely with the railroads to understand their needs and provide solutions.
When top OEMs in the railroad industry need cases and houses for their switches, positive train controls and electrical components, they trust Fabricated Metals as their go-to resource to build high-tolerance, high-quality specialty products.
Some examples of the rail industry accomplishments are:
- Largest 1-piece Steel House 10′-6″ x 72′ HRS Chicago Union Station
- Earth Quake Proof Houses for zone 4 for Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART)
- Largest 1-piece Aluminum House 10’×66′ Long Island Railroad (LIRR) Divide
- Largest Steel House 26’×52′ HRS LIRR Harold Interlocking
- Largest custom maintainer facility 14′ x 230′ for the CTA Loop in Chicago.
- Qualified submersible enclosures for MTA (Metropolitan Transit Authority).