Fabricated Metals’ instrument, communication, and positive train control houses or enclosures can be furnished in a variety of sizes with any number of door arrangements. Our instrument houses are constructed to meet your specifications and can be customized for any job or project requirements.
FM’s communication houses are built with all-welded construction and can be manufactured from Aluminum; 12 GA or 14 GA Hot Rolled Steel, Galvanized Steel, Galvanneal, Stainless Steel or Cor-Ten® steel.
Walls are constructed of interlocking modular insulated panel sections with all seams sealed. Inside walls have vertical channels with keyholes for mounting shelves, mounting boards, wire chases, tag boards, or any items your project requires.
The housing’s base and frame are constructed of heavy-duty angle frame steel. Angle size, stiffeners and structural members vary depending on the size of house, structural, or seismic requirements.
Enclosure doors are provided with a three-point latching system that allows for locking padlock. Screened louvers can be included for ventilation, a close-off plate is provided for winter and summer servicing, grease-able hinges, and a mechanism to hold the door open at 90º and/or approximately 170º position(s).
Interiors will be finished to your specifications.
Available Options Include:
- Construction is all welded. Can be manufactured from: Aluminum, 14 GA or 12 GA Steel, Galvanized Steel, Stainless Steel, or Cor-Ten® Steel
- Insulation 1″, 2″, or greater
- Circuit breaker boxes – bolt in or plug on
- Heaters-1500w, 2000w, or 4000w AC, 1500w 600v DC
- Air conditioners 1 ton – 5 ton
- Vent fans
- Floor vents
- Terminal boards & tag boards
- Relay racks
- Communication racks
- Battery systems
- Lighting can be LED, incandescent, or fluorescent
- Grounding systems
- Fire detection and intrusion detection systems
- Fire suppression systems
- Houses and enclosures can be finished with specific custom paint, powder coated, or custom façade