Fabricated Metals’ instrument, communication, and positive train control houses or enclosures can be furnished in a variety of sizes with any number of door arrangements. Our instrument houses are constructed to meet your specifications and can be customized for any job or project requirements.
FM’s communication houses are built with all-welded construction and can be manufactured from Aluminum; 12 GA or 14 GA Hot Rolled Steel, Galvanized Steel, Galvanneal, Stainless Steel or Cor-Ten® steel.
Walls are constructed of interlocking modular insulated panel sections with all seams sealed. Inside walls have vertical channels with keyholes for mounting shelves, mounting boards, wire chases, and tag boards.
Our standard house height measures 99″ from base to roof line unless otherwise specified.
The housing’s base and frame are constructed of heavy duty angle frame steel. Angle size, stiffeners and structural members vary depending on size of instrument house.
Enclosure doors are provided with a three-point latching system, allows for locking with a signal screw padlock. Screened louvers are included for ventilation, a close-off plate is provided for winter and summer servicing, grease-able hinges, and a mechanism to hold the door open at 90º and/or approximately 170º position(s).
Interiors will be finished to your specifications.
Available Options Include:
- Construction is all welded. Can be manufactured from .100 Aluminum, 14 GA or 12 GA Steel, Galvanized Steel, Stainless Steel, or Cor-Ten® Steel
- Insulation 1″, 2″ or greater
- Circuit breaker boxes – bolt in or plug on
- Heaters-1500w, 2000w, or 4000w ac, 1500w 600v dc
- Air conditioners 1 ton – 5 ton
- Vent fans
- Floor vents
- Backboards/wall boards
- Relay racks
- Communication racks
- Battery trays
- Lighting can be incandescent or fluorescent
- Ground systems
- Fire and intrusion systems
- Exteriors can be finished with specific custom paint, powder coated, or custom facade